Indian Institute of Technology Mandi (IIT Mandi) and Himachal Pradesh Council for Science, Technology, and Environment (HIMCOSTE) are all set to organise the 4th Himachal Science Congress at the campus from 8th to 10th April 2024.
The theme of the 4th Himachal Pradesh Science Congress is “Role of Science, Technology & Innovation in achieving Sustainable Development Goals”. The event will feature popular lectures on contemporary issues by eminent scientists, paper presentations by researchers, and an exhibition of various rural technologies.
The primary objective of the 4th Himachal Pradesh Science Congress is to bring together intellectuals, scientists, and researchers from various institutions within and outside the state, fostering the exchange of innovative ideas, inventions, and intellectual creations. This collaboration aims to lay the foundation for the application of advancements in infrastructure, health facilities, and socio-economic development in alignment with the event’s theme.
IIT Mandi and HIMCOSTE extend a warm invitation to scientists and students from Universities, Research Institutions, and Colleges to submit their abstracts for the upcoming Science Congress. The deadline for abstract submission is 20th February 2024.
Subject areas for submission include:
● Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forest Sciences
● Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology
● Disaster Management, Ecology, and Environmental Science
● Rural Technology
● Mathematics, Physical Science, and Nanotechnology
● Botany, Zoology, and Animal Husbandry
● Chemical Science, Earth Science, and Renewable Energy, Climate Change
● Engineering Science, IT and Computer Science, AI and Data Science, Geospatial Technology
● Traditional Knowledge, Innovation, and Intellectual Property Rights
Speaking about hosting the 4th Himachal Science Congress, Prof. Laxmidhar Behera, Director, IIT Mandi, said, “I am thrilled to witness the synergy of intellect and innovation of our youth of Himachal Pradesh. The 4th Himachal Pradesh Science Congress embodies the spirit of exploration and collaboration, paving the way for transformative discoveries. Our commitment to excellence in research and education aligns seamlessly with the objectives of this event, and I look forward to the impactful outcomes that will emerge from this confluence of ideas and expertise.”
The main objectives of this year’s event are:
● Identification of problems faced by the people of Himachal Pradesh
● Providing solutions to the identified problems through intervention of Science, Technology & Innovation Ecosystem
● Providing a platform for exchange of Ideas and Knowledge
● Exposure to young researchers and scientists
● Exhibiting/showcasing of technologies
● Organizing Intellectual Debates
● Popular lectures by eminent speakers, panellists and experts Mentoring and Networking
Highlighting IIT Mandi’s involvement in organising the 4th Himachal Pradesh Science Congress, Prof. Tushar Jain, Head, Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), IIT Mandi, said, “I am delighted to witness the convergence of young brilliant minds and innovative ideas at the youth of Himachal Pradesh. This platform not only showcases the scientific prowess of the region but also reflects our collective commitment to advancing knowledge and fostering sustainable development. As we ‘Innovate, Integrate, and Inspire,’ let this conference be a beacon of collaboration and a catalyst for transformative breakthroughs in science and technology.”
The event will also feature a Vice Chancellor’s conclave involving Vice Chancellors of all universities and Directors of institutes in Himachal Pradesh. A panel discussion will deliberate upon “Science, Technology, and Innovation” for the sustainable development of the state.
Benefits of Participation:
● Exposure to a diverse audience of intellectuals and researchers
● Opportunity to present oral or poster presentations
● Engage in intellectual debates and discussions
● Networking with experts and fellow participants
● Best paper and poster awards
IIT Mandi looks forward to your active participation in making the 4th Himachal Pradesh Science Congress a platform for fostering collaboration, knowledge exchange, and innovative solutions. For inquiries, please visit the website – https://www.iitmandi.ac.in/index.ph